RoIP Connection can supercharge your radio system
What’s in a RoIP Connection Kit?
Every Unlimited Plan includes at least one RoIP Connection Kit. Here’s what inside:
Two-Tone Paging Decode: included with every RoIP Connection
How do I get started?
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Our web portal allows you to share your radio channel to another organization. Just send them and invite and they can accept your request. They will then have the ability to determine who inside their organization should have access to the channel. This allows you create & manage interoperability “on the fly”.
You can also revoke their organization’s access from the web portal in the future at any time.
However, we have found that many customers may prefer not to share their main radio channel and instead prefer to setup other Tango Tango channels for interop with other agencies & organizations. The choice is yours.
No. Tango Tango is fully encrypted from your radio to our servers. Traffic is also fully encrypted from our servers to phones & other devices
However, note that, if you integrate Tango Tango to a unencrypted radio system, the radio system itself remains unencrypted. We make no alterations to your existing radio system. We can only secure all traffic going to our servers and to phones.
But, even if your main dispatch is connected & unencrypted, you can still create Tango Tango channels that aren’t integrated into an existing radio system. These channels are secure & encrypted. Many customers use Tango Tango like this to add secure “off-dispatch” channels to their department to handle sensitive, off-dispatch conversations such as those had by Narcotics, SWAT, etc.
No. We connect to one of your spare radios, which is programmed & licensed by whatever means you buy your radios. None of our equipment is transmitting on or touching any of your radio frequencies.
Our servers remotely control your spare radio to connect to your radio system. You likely already have 2-way radios on your network that are controlled remotely. They are probably at your dispatch center where several dispatchers may be sharing a base station or in your fire trucks or ambulances. Think of our server as “cloud” remote control head for your spare radio.
No. We have had users radio check to their USA-based radio system from their smartphone in Mexico, Israel, Iraq, and many more. Get into outer space with an internet connection and you should be able to key up from there, too.
Bottom line – with Tango Tango IoR you can talk to your radio system from anywhere that you have your phone & an internet connection.
Tango Tango works on any cellular carrier including Verizon Wireless, AT&T, T-Mobile, & USCellular as well as all regional carriers. As long as you can connect to internet from your device, you can talk on Tango Tango.
Just email us at email@example.com or call us at 1-888-826-4607 extension 2. We will send you a cable for your new radio and talk you through the quick & easy process of the change out.
Our approach is based on RoIP (Radio over Internet Protocol) and this allows us to connect to virtually any type of radio system. We connect to one of the spare radios that you already own and use it to interface to your radio system.
There are a select few radio models that we are unable to connect to. These are models that are rare but simply don’t have cables available to interface to our system. By the very fact that these models are rare, you likely don’t have one. But, our team can determine this in a quick conversation.
The Tango Tango Radio Connection Kit comes with:
- Radio Gateway
- This translates traffic from your radio into something that our servers can process & understand
- Gateway-to-Phone Cable
- This cable is specific to the make & model of radio you want to connect. It plugs into the gateway on one side and your phone on the other.
- Cellular modem
- This cellular modem connects the gateway to the internet & our servers.
- A cellular plan is included in the price of every Tango Tango Radio Connection Kit. Just plug up to power and you’re good to go. No need to plug up local internet.
- If you wish, you may plug up a local internet cable and this will give your system redundancy & automatic failover in a case where the cellular connection is lost. This is recommended but not necessary.
- Guided setup by our experts
- After you get your kit, give us a call. Your kit will arrive pre-setup but we will step you through plugging up your radio to the gateway. We will then stay on the phone with you to tune your connection so that your radio sounds great coming out of your phone & vice versa. This takes only about 10-15 minutes.
- Free Replacement
- If your hardware should ever fail, replacement is on us.
- Need to change out the type of radio connected to the system? No problem, we’ll swap out your radio cable for free.
- 24/7 Support
- Have a problem with your radio connection? We’re here 24/7/365 to assist. All of our support personnel are based in the USA and have years of experience.
- We also monitor your system from our servers for signs of problems, such as a loss of cell signal or a lack of radio traffic. We sometimes can diagnose & fix a problem remotely before you realize it’s there.
- We have the ability to remotely login to the kit and handle many maintenance or setup tasks ourselves, taking the burden off of you.
- Bottom line – we make radio connection easy even if you’re not technical.
Learn more beyond RoIP Connection
See why First Responders rely on Tango Tango for Radio-to-Phone Connection
With Unlimited Users, no one is left behind.
Free Trial: includes PTT App & Radio-to-Phone Connection
1 radio channel, unlimited PTT app users
See why why thousands choose Tango Tango as the best PTT app for Public Safety